Monday, April 4, 2011

Mum's Day 2011.

By Liv

The modern Mother's Day is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in March, April, or May as a day to honor mothers and motherhood. In the UK and Ireland, it follows the old traditions of Mothering Sunday, celebrated in March/April.

This was the second Mother's Day that I have celebrated as a Mum myself. Although Stella isn't quite up to the challenge of cooking me breakfast (she could, you see, she just isn't TALL enough to reach the counter tops so as to chop all the ingredients...) so instead she bossed Nick around and supervised while he put together a delicious omelet feast which was perfectly paired with a glass (or three) of organic/fair trade Mimosas. Mm... organic Mimosas!

The rest of the day was all about me and whatever I wanted to do: we went to the Grand Cafe for high tea, toured the Oxford Botanical Gardens (the oldest Botanic garden in Britain!) and ended the evening at our friend Vasu and his wife Neelima's house for a delicious home-cooked Indian dinner.

I had a wonderful day, but now that I've had a taste of the good life, I'm wondering why EVERY day can't be Mum's Day?




 The Grand Cafe. 


 "The site of the first coffee house in England."

 Contemplating another scone.

 Oxford Botanical Gardens.


Indian feast with friends. You-know-who was the life of the party, as usual :)

No comments:

Post a Comment