When I was pregnant, I never considered that my daughter would ever NOT eat what I want her to. I soon realized that she is her own person (and vehemently so) and would decide for herself what she wants and prefers to eat. Unfortunately, spinach is not on her list of favorite snacks.
Being the culinary goddess that I am, I decided that I would figure out a way to get raw spinach (and other raw veggies/fruits) past those adorable lips and into that cute little tummy. For all you parents out there who have picky kiddos, try this! It just may work!
Stella's Green Drink
• 1 cup of frozen berries
• 1 cup of other fresh fruit (apple, pear, banana... whatever is in season or in your pantry)
• 1 cup of fruit or vanilla-flavored yogurt (we use a single-serving-size soy yogurt)
• 1/2 to 1 cup fruit juice (apple is our favorite)
• 4 huge handfuls of fresh spinach
• 1 carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
Toss it all in the blender and give it a whirl. The end result may LOOK hideous, but it tastes delicious!
Mix up the types of fruit/yogurt/juice that you use and you'll quickly find that the possibilities are endless. And when all else fails, my answer is to get her involved in the cooking process because when she helps, she is much more likely to want to eat what we are making. Here are videos of her creating and sampling her favorite afternoon snack:
If you are reading this on facebook, watch the videos here: