Monday, September 27, 2010

Stella's first cold :-[




By Liv

I knew it would happen eventually. I knew Stella would get sick one day. But I wasn't prepared at all! Yesterday morning, I noticed that she felt a little warm, but I figured that it was because the heat was on. A few hours later, I could tell that she wasn't feel well, so I called my trusty neighbor, Bess, and hopped on over to her house to borrow her thermometer. Stella's temperature was 102!

Of course the first thing I did was cry. I mean, what else is a Mom supposed to do with such news? After I was done crying, I called the Doctor who seemed to be much more calm than I was. He suggested Tylenol and lots of breastfeeding. No problem!

Today she is feeling about the same. She still has a temperature but isn't in a sour mood, so we are spending the day lounging around the house in our PJs. As a treat, Nick and I have been letting her watch Dora the Explorer on my laptop in between the cuddling and nonstop overbearing kisses administered by none other than yours truly :)

2 comments:

  1. Stella told me that she was gonna fake a cold so she could watch Dora the Explorer..........

    Smart kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liver - are you sure she was even sick, she looks as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete