Thursday, April 2, 2009

March Training Results

Another month down. Only twelve more weeks until the main event, IMCDA! I'm still not running but trying everything to 'fix' my damn leg. I'm getting used to the idea that I may need to walk a marathon come June. With that in mind, I've bumped up my bike and swim mileage in hopes to get a nice lead heading into the run. Here are my hours and distances for March. I've also posted February below that for comparison.

I participated in one event this month, The Tour de St. George Century ride. It was a great first experience in southern Utah. The majority of the ride, I was riding in or around various red rock canyons, with interspersed rivers, lakes (probably reservoirs), and natural elements that made the ride more interesting. Not to mention, it was right around 70 degrees and a perfectly clear day. I finished up 103 miles in about 5 hours and 45 minutes. Not bad, considering I took 3 breaks to pee. I guess I'll have to learn to pee while riding like a real Ironman before June's race.

March
bike - 27:03 - 447.8 mi
swim - 15:00 - 35,652.4 yds
run - 3:40 - 20.6 mi
Total - 45:43 - 488.8 mi

Feb
bike - 16:39 - 266 mi
swim - 8:47 - 19,900 yds
run - 8:54 - 53.6 mi
Total - 34:20 - 330.9 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment